Monday, May 26, 2008

Thank God for the Brits

Okay, so I haven't been so great about posting this week. I have been crazy busy, and have just not been able to find the time. Please forgive me if you suddenly feel lost. I doubt anyone really cares, but I'll put it out there just in case.

I'll provide a brief recap. On Thursday I took the street funk dance class I've been talking about for weeks now. It was AWESOME! They actually teach you an entire routine during the class. I fell in love. I think it's something I will be doing on a weekly basis. It's an incredible workout, it's so much fun, and if I stay with it, I could end up being scouted for a Justin Timberlake video. Who would wanna quit with that possibility out in the universe!?! Don't laugh...it could happen...

I need to back up a little. Thursday afternoon the HR guy at work asked me if I wanted to meet his friend who was stopping by the office in a few minutes. "Is he a drummer?," I asked. With a very strange look on his face, he replied: "um, no, he's a British scientist." "Okay, then. I'd love to meet him." So a few minutes later, he walks over with a very handsome man, who, as soon as he opens his mouth, becomes instantaneously sexier. I think I also need to mention here that he has salt & pepper hair, which is kinda a weakness for me. He says hello, introduces himself, and they leave. The HR guy makes the comment that he's trying to get "Brit" to join us for our weekly happy hour on Friday.

Fast forward to Friday. I am wicked busy at work, as I have secured a TV shoot for my client which takes place tomorrow. VERY exciting. Brit comes to happy hour. I, of course, try to secure a second opportunity to get to know this International hunk. As I'm doing this, I learn that he's moving. To Kansas City. On Saturday. That could put a damper on things, huh? He mentions how bored he is, and I offer to keep him company before he leaves, if he'd like. He says he will definitely take me up on the offer. We exchange numbers. I am thrilled.

We spent the afternoon together yesterday. And we're having drinks after work tomorrow. I had such a wonderful time with him. He's both smart and funny, mature and quirky. He can carry on a conversation, and is interested in what I have to say. And, at this point, that's really all I can ask for. I am not scripting anything here, like I usually do. I'm just enjoying my days, and seeing where things go. Maybe that's nowhere. Maybe not. Who knows. All I know is that no matter what, I am having a GREAT time. I am loving where my life is taking me. After a wonderful afternoon, I walked through the door, smiled at roomie and said "thank God for the Brits."

No comments: