Friday, May 23, 2008

Four's NOT Company

I have been pulled into the strangest of all dramas. It's crazy because I just feel like this is normal - that life is always like this - stories about old man clients groping you, falling (quickly and intensely) in and out of love with crazy musicians, randomly making out with Croatian boys, dealing with gay drama, etc. But every time I tell one of these true-life encounters, people comment about how interesting my life is. And that I am always involved in something. Now, I ask you, could this simply be because I tell stories in a way that's more colorful than someone else? Or is it really because I lead a very interesting life?

I actually got my answer this week. Long story made short, the guys decided they want me to stay in the apartment and, thus, needed to tell the other one he couldn't come back. As you can imagine, this conversation does not go well. I was excited, of course, that I was going to be able to stay here with my favorite roomies ever. But, then shit hit the fan. The absent roomie threatens a lot of things. Says they can't do this. Everyone kind of looks at each other, trying to figure out what to do. After a bunch of what I have come to refer to as "gay drama" we decided we're going to all stay together, and move out of this apartment. UGH! This is okay, though, because the bathroom in this apartment sucks. Seriously. You can't take a shower standing up completely because the ceiling is so low. It is a challenge every time I decide to shave my legs. And, the way I feel about it is that it's uncomfortable and annoying enough to have to keep them smooth - I don't need any additional roadblocks or challenges.

Back to point. We are all really excited now at the thought of a new apartment. So, the roomies and me are going to see a new place tomorrow and then another one on Sunday. We're talking about having a house warming party - with candles, flowers, hors d'oeuvres, a DJ. And if you're wondering, none of this was my idea. Roomie. Gotta love him - I know I do! :) So we'll see what happens. I know it will all work out, and we'll end up much better off, and there will be no lingering smell of cat urine. Which could only mean good things for the future.

Now as I sit here so late and write this story for everyone to read, I realize that my friends and co-workers are right. I live a very interesting life. And yet I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

No comments: