Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Right Stuff, Baby!

Okay. It's after 11:00 and I'm exhausted. I haven't slept well in weeks - moving to Boston, boy drama, life drama...ugh! So, what the hell am I still doing up!?! Great question. If I had the answer to that I'd be rich - I would sell it to every person across the country tossing and turning right now, unable to catch some desperately needed shut eye because their minds are racing with everything they need to do, people they need to save (which, in some cases, is themselves), bills they have to pay, etc.

But, I digress. And that's because, despite the fact that I have so many things to catch up on here, the only reason I am blogging right now is to share some amazingly exciting news. Brace yourselves here - this is some seriously big shit. If you are a female between the ages of 26 and 34, you might wet yourselves. I know I almost did. Here goes: I have tickets to see New Kids on the Block. In Boston. Their hometown. OMG (hehe...)!!! That's right - the awesome boy band that started it all with hits like Please Don't Go Girl, Hangin Tough, Step by Step, The Right Stuff (such great talent....the list just goes on and on). I have never stopped loving these guys, who, by the way, are all like 40 now. I used to dream that I would marry Joey. Actually, the "dream" (which was really a fantasy I lived in my head during normal daylight hours, which is totally scary now looking back) was that I was Jordan and John's sister, and that's how I got to know the other members. Wicked crazy, I know. I have been praying for a reunion tour since the day they broke up, and it's finally happening. I'm already planning my wardrobe...torn, baggy jeans, a tee-shirt with a big yellow happy face, a top hat with the top cut out...maybe even a fake rat tail to make it truly authentic. I even have my old pins and posters. Hard to believe, I know.

I have more than 4 months before I see my favorite band live and back together again. Until then, I'll just be hangin tough, taking it all step by step. (Okay, cheesy as hell, I know - but it's 11:30 and I'm talking about the New Kids for goodness sake!)

2 comments:

Oneofeach said...

That's right people...don't be hatin'!

Anonymous said...

way at the top of the page when I read an entry titled "The right stuff, baby!" I said to myself "If this isn't about NKOTB I will disown Kristin for life!". So good save.
Love Joey aka-Mark from the 2nd grade