Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gratitude

This post is written with utter humility. Humility because I am the most blessed person on the face of the earth. I like to think that I never take anything or anyone for granted. That I try my best to show those people in my life that I love them, and am grateful for them. But, I know I'm only human, and that I am a long way from perfect in my quest to be the best person I can be. But, for some reason I was blessed with the most beautiful people - as my friends, as my family, as my colleagues. Yes, for some reason, my life is filled with such beauty and grace.

Today is my 28th birthday...and I could not be more grateful to be alive, and a part of this amazing life. I don't know what I did to deserve the people who make up my life - the old, the new, the just beginning, and the yet to be - but I am so thankful for each and every one. You all know who you are - I know I sometimes can be too sappy and tell you I love you too much, but I do. I know I dream of writing a book someday, and making it to the New York Times Bestseller list, but none of that would mean anything without all of you. Your constant, unwavering support of every one of my decisions is incredible. The way you have all stood by me this past year will never be forgotten.

I know I am far from perfect. But I hope you all know that you make up my heart and soul - all that I am and will be is because I have friends like you. This year is going to be amazing. I can feel it in every part of my being. I look forward to sharing it with each of you. For those who have recently come into my life, or have found me again after many years, thank you. Thank you for including me in your journey. I am so grateful you have - and are - a part of mine.