Monday, June 30, 2008

A neighborhood full of Wahlbergs....

You will all have to forgive me for a quick moment. I have neglected to post something very important here. I am moving. Calm down...not out of Boston. When I say I love it here, I mean it. I'm moving into a new apartment. How this all came about is just another story that could only come from an installment of "KP's corner"....

So a few weeks ago I secured a placement for one of my clients on the local television station. In the PR world, this is pretty wicked awesome. Especially since I had been at the company for like a whole 3 weeks when it happened. This particular client is a marine electronics company, so it's all about boating. The agency has been trying to get them in some mainstream media for a while, without much success. I got lucky, I guess. So right after Memorial Day I got to spend the day out on the boat for the shoot. It was great! In typical Kristin style, I started a conversation with the producer, and we immediately became friends. It doesn't hurt that she's a fellow midwesterner and a huge New Kids on the Block fan, either! When she told me that she's working on a pilot reality show for the Funky Bunch's reunion, I knew this chick was cool.

The story aired a few weeks later, and it turned out great! The client was so excited! Anyways, we kept trying to get together, and finally were able to a few weeks ago. We were gonna go to a cool local bar or something, but she got a new puppy that day, so we ordered pizza, watched a movie, and watched the 9 month old pug sniff and chew on everything in sight. I mention I'm kinda in the process of looking for a new place, due to the drama of my current situation (of course this has nothing to do with my best bud, but the guy whose room I'm renting). She just happens to be moving into a place with 2 bedrooms. And air conditioning. And in-unit laundry. I realize all of you living in the suburbs take small luxuries like this for granted. In Boston, you don't take anything for granted. She even said Ella (my puppy) can move in. YEAH!!! I swear....things just fall into place in life, huh?

I left there totally stoked. Oh yeah - this is the best part. It's in Southie (aka South Boston). I still haven't even been down there. But, the apartment is 2 blocks from the beach, and a block from the local bar, The Quencher. The best part. It's crawling with good looking men. With Boston accents. It's like a whole town of Donnie and Mark Wahlbergs. Accents. Hotties. Boston. Beach. Did I say accents!?! I have been told once I'm in Southie, I'll never want to leave.

I'm guessing if it's anything like people have said, they're absolutely right. Can you just imagine what these posts will be like!?! I'll have enough content for 2 books in just a month's time! Oh...I'm wicked stoked. Now if they open my door before they pahk the cah, I'm never leaving Bahston. Ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to share the following info with your new friend. I don't think her Funky Bunch Reunion show is going to happen. This is from Mark Wahlberg in early June...

What about a reunion with the Funky Bunch who are also reportedly getting back together?
“Not a f—ing chance,” he told me.

“They asked me if I would partake and I had to decline,” he continued. “Part of me would love to run around and act like a freaking a–hole again but I can’t do that. I’ve got two kids. I saw something on VH1 or something about me in the 90s and I thought, oh my God, how am I going to explain this to my kids? I have a few years to think about how to finesse it but I do think about it on a daily basis.”

Oneofeach said...

we can all dream....don't be a hater!