Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Finding a balance

Since I started out my day on a negative note (first cursing my husband in my head, then cursing my job out loud followed by an “I hate today” post on Facebook), I figured it would be best to list the good things that happened today. You know, trying to find the balance in it all.

·         An expected connection
·         A good laugh shared with my lovely colleagues (which came on the heels of a negative client experience)
·         A (somewhat creative) mind that can re-position a message to make it stronger
·         The HUGE hug I got from my nearly 3 year-old when I got to daycare
·         A trip to downtown Nashville with my incredibly curious and free toddler (who talks to everyone we walk past)
·         Dinner with Frozen – and being able to make my little boy smile when I sing along
·         The unsolicited “I love you, momma”
·         The returned “how is yours?” when I asked “How is your dinner?” (he is really listening!!)

And, while it hasn’t happened yet, I anticipate enjoying some quiet time as I sit in front of the computer doing more work and catching up on my favorite new guilty pleasure – House of Lies.

Sometimes all it takes is a few hours to clear an angry and overwhelmed mind – and come to a slightly new perspective (who’s kidding – perfection isn’t worth trying to attain at this point). 

1 comment:

Angi Agle said...

You've found the one true key to happiness: recognize the ordinary bits of joy amidst the chaos, and consciously appreciate them. It's all too easy to miss the little things -- a stranger who lets you merge in traffic, a child's smile, your mate's taking out the garbage without being asked... but they have the power to turn around how you feel about the whole day.